If you’re implementing a new InfoSec program to protect your company or demonstrate compliance, you WILL need policies. First, before you do anything else. You can’t just google “security policies template” and call it a day though.
You’ll need these policies customized for your company. That’s why Carbide generates policies based on your input and allows you to tailor them for your needs. Policies also typically require using certain security services, completing many implementation tasks, and monitoring the status of your InfoSec program. That’s why we’ve built Carbide to guide you through all these steps, quickly creating and implementing your complete InfoSec Program. From start to finish.
With Carbide, you get much more than just a generic template of information security policies. Carbide is your complete InfoSec command center. You get custom-generated security policies, in-app guided support, recommendations in Marketplace, and access to services like Advisory Hours and Penetration Testing. Carbide removes both Sales and IT friction, giving you easy-to-use access to your infosec program to quickly prove the security of your business to anyone.
Check Out Carbide’s New Features and User Interface
1. Marketplace: Find recommended antivirus software, password managers, and more security tools needed for your security policies.
Marketplace is a hub with vetted, third-party services that we have cataloged to save you time. As a relatively new service, which rolled out quietly in the summer, we wanted to highlight it now for any new free or paid users who may not have browsed this collection of great tools yet.
In general, you’ll need some security tools to implement your InfoSec program. Many of these services are free! Some also have paid upgrade options. These tools and services help you complete your implementation projects. Using free, trusted services is one quick way to update your InfoSec program.
Some Categories of Security Tools and Services in Marketplace:
- Port Scanners
- Operating Systems with Tools to Conduct Internal Penetration Tests
- Network scanners
- And more!
2. Guided Implementation and Support: New tutorial, plus features for onboarding and continuing customer support.
When you log in after our update, or as a new free account user, you’ll see a new tour of the Carbide app. This mini-tutorial guides you to the main tools and points out useful features. It’s easier than ever to see keep your implementation moving, see due dates for tasks, and the next policies you need to sign off.
We’ve also rolled out an update for support: at the bottom of the dashboard, you’ll see options for support and opening a chat with our customer success team.
Need extra help, or dealing with a security questionnaire from a customer with hundreds of questions? Ask about Advisory Hours. We can help make sure you understand all the questions. You can also get help with your first privacy impact assessment, check that your risk assessment covers everything, or get a security expert to review the InfoSec program you’ve set up in the app.
3. Simplified Navigation: Easy UI for quickly creating your policies and implementing your InfoSec program.
Our updated main Dashboard features the three big things you’ll want to get your InfoSec program rolling: Policy Sign Off, Task Completion, and Recommended Next.
The simplified navigation menu at the top lets you move quickly between your policies, implementation projects, people, reporting, and the Marketplace for finding the security services and tools you need. As a result, you can shift from updating a new policy, right over to creating a group of employees in the People tab that you’ll need to sign off on it.
Navigating your InfoSec Program
- Program: Under this section, you’ll find the tools your security team needs to create and maintain your InfoSec program. There are three tools nesting under the Program tab.
- Assets: You can use Asset Manager to inventory data, computers, systems in the cloud, social media accounts, or anything else you’d need in a basic risk assessment.
- Policies: This is where you store your policies. You can view, edit, or see the history of each policy. These policies are generated by Policy Builder when you set up your account and can be configured here.
- Projects: This is where you can create projects and tasks for implementation. Policy Builder can also pre-populate projects and tasks based on your policies. Under Projects, you can designate a team leader, list details, track status, or assign tasks to your employees. If you have a new policy requiring everyone to use a password manager? You can assign a team leader to find one in Marketplace, set up a quick project, and then send everyone a task to install the password manager.
- People: Here, you can add new users, remove a user, or create groups. This is useful for assigning tasks that are relevant to the marketing team, then different tasks that are required for your software developers.
- Reporting: Our Reporting Center, with all the tools you’ll need to monitor your InfoSec program progress or to demonstrate framework or regulatory compliance. (More to come soon about our reporting features!)
- Marketplace: Browse through our catalog of vetted, third-party security services and tools.
Be Proactive: Don’t Wait to Build Your InfoSec Program
There are lots of free tools and quick things you can do today to make your company more secure, including the Carbide app or the services in Marketplace.
In the end, policies are the foundation of your program. That’s why Carbide’s free app starts by having every user who creates an account first answer questions about your company and industry. That gives our Policy Builder the information to create a program for you, complete with policies and projects for implementation.
If you already have your policies? Awesome! Now you can quickly run reports to prove your compliance to customers, prepare for an audit, or check progress on pending projects.
If you don’t have policies, what are you waiting for?