Cybersecurity Awareness Month (CSAM) emerged as a global initiative in 2004 through the collaborative efforts of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the National Cyber Security Alliance. This internationally recognized campaign is dedicated to raising awareness about the critical significance and pressing nature of cybersecurity for both individuals and organizations.
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) face an increasingly complicated and complex world as the industry adapts and evolves. Popular frameworks like SOC 2 or ISO 27001, used to secure deals, are just the beginning of the journey toward securing your program. We’re witnessing a shift where sophisticated vendors are seeking more in-depth discussions about your security program, policies, procedures, and how you’re implementing controls from frameworks like SOC 2 or ISO 27001.
Furthermore, SMBs remain the primary ROI target for malicious actors due to several factors:
- Lack of resources, both financial and personnel.
- Lower likelihood of having a mature security program.
- Insufficient staffing or an in-house security team to monitor their security program.
- Inadequate awareness training for employees.
- Limited financial resources to hire an expensive consultant who may not even be able to implement their recommendations.
- Shortage of time and personnel to carry out tasks recommended by a consultant.
That’s why, for CSAM, we’ve assembled a resource kit that you can share with your team, covering all the best practices your team should follow in cybersecurity. Our goal is for this resource kit to help you:
- Embed security into the DNA of your business.
- Practice strong cyber hygiene.
- Protect and prepare your company for cyber attacks.
- Understand the security requirements of your clients and investors.
- Explore how you can leverage security and privacy as business drivers.
We’re proud to be a Cybersecurity Awareness Month Champion, and we champion this global initiative by providing resources to educate businesses and individuals on best practices, industry trends, and expert insights.
Download the FREE Carbide 2023 CSAM Resource Kit and use the included assets to spread the word!